top of page

Lies Men & Women Believe Group

Public·22 friends

Good Tuesday afternoon everyone. If your like me as we move closer to “comfortable“ in regards to coming around people more, busy keeps calling my name.

“Journey to Freedom” Is also calling. Listen, I know many of us are on different chapters in the book, and that’s great don’t rush.

This week I want to ponder on something that is tugging at my Spirit.

Lie # 20 (pg. 127) for the men and Lie#25 for the women (pg. 150)

The question I have is about “longing” or being unfulfilled. The topic is “Sexuality“ but it also came up in chapter 3 “Lies we believe ourselves” for the ladies it’s lie #12.

What creates that empty space? How does the word “Abandon” fit into “longing”

Just a little food for thought. Read those “Lies” and those sections again.

Can we Just talk!!! 4real☺️☺️

tbrooks12253
lets_make_art
Felicia Knighten
lunar8263
lunar8263
Nov 10, 2021

This is a great discussion, because no matter what the longing or craving is, we ALL as human beings have a sense of emptiness inside that keeps us looking for WHOLENESS.

Some look for it in their jobs, some people look for it in a spouse, some even look for it in sex, money, material things, etc..

Nevertheless at the end of the day we ALL are trying to fill some type of VOID one way or another.

I'm reminded when I was13 how I use to feel unloved & I would tell myself that if I would just have a baby, that my baby would love me & I would have all the love ❤️ I need.(Thank GOD I didn't believe that lie)

See, I was trying to fill a VOID that I felt inside.

Growing up in a BROKEN 💔 home 🏠 mom & dad divorced, leaving my sister & I to be raised in a home by a single mother, who stayed away from home most of the day, because she had to work 2 shifts just to provide for us.

No father figure in the home to model that masculinity or protector that all little girls long to have & the list goes on.

So, by my dad not being there to display the masculinity & protector feeling that I needed..

I found myself feeling abandoned & lonely looking toward relationships with others to try to fulfill this void.

Becoming needy & clingy & dependant on a boyfriend to be to me what my dad was not, in essences I was looking for a father figure.

It's not until I gave my life to CHRIST, that I begin to realize how broken 💔 I was & still am in a sense.

GOD is continuing to work on me & heal me of all my wounds.

He is showing me like the Samaritan woman at the well, that HE'S that "LIVING WATER" 💦 that will satisfy & quench my thirst, so that I won't be thirsty, needy, or codependent on anyone or anything.

Christ Jesus is who & what makes me WHOLE.

bottom of page